3/2/20

Red Solo Cup

As I started my Monday morning drive, I found it difficult to focus on my audio book.  Thoughts swirled through my head about work and home and my "cup" felt full and heavy.  I was stuck behind a pickup truck that was pulling a lawnmower on a rusty trailer.  I slowed for the speed bumps in Buckhead, annoyed at their existence in the 25 mile per hour town.  I glanced in the direction of the fire station and noticed a black lab carrying a red Solo cup in his mouth, slowly walking across the green grass glazed with frost.  His tail was gently wagging and I wondered where he was going.  

Perhaps he was concerned about litter and was headed to the recycle bin next door?  Maybe he was en route to the old farmhouse to borrow a cup of dog food? I realized that I was smiling and continued to think about the black lab until I reached the highway a short time later.  My focus had returned and it seemed that I had made room for possibilities in my own red solo cup.

No comments: